ICC Netherlands is part of the ICC world business organization, The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) is the world’s largest business organization representing over 43 million businesses in over 130 countries.. Through a unique mix of advocacy and standard setting activities, ICC works to promote international trade, corporate social responsibility and the creation of a level playing field for conducting business. ICC’s International Court of Arbitration is the largest institute for commercial alternative dispute resolution. ICC advocacy is aimed at continuing to improve the national and international business climate for companies and the convergence of legislation. ICC works closely with the United Nations, the World Trade Organization, the G20, the World Customs Organization and many other intergovernmental forums.
ICC Netherlands is one of the 90 local chapters, that operates at the intersection of public and private. A dynamic office that is in constant contact with members (companies), the head office in Paris and numerous national and international stakeholders, including government organisations. ICC Netherlands coordinates the Dutch policy agenda, involves and informs its members, actively propagates points of view and organizes international conferences, seminars and training courses. ICC Netherlands is also the initiator of the Week of Integrity.
The ideal candidate has built up work experience in international business or at a ministry or international organization and knows the playing field of geopolitical, economic and international relations from a theoretical and practical perspective. The candidate has built up relevant experience and can translate this into ICC’s mission, advocacy and other strategic priorities on behalf of the members of ICC Netherlands. The ideal candidate has an academic background and a minimum of 15 years of work experience.
The ideal candidate:
- has an affinity with the ICC mission and strategic priorities as well as with member organizations in general;
- has a stimulating personality and is a team player, focused on cooperation, internally and externally;
- has political-administrative sensitivity, ideally has experience with complex representation of stakeholder interests at various levels;
- has strong communication skills, knows how to build bridges and bind people;
- is result-oriented, identifies and realizes growth opportunities, develops plans and also executes them;
- has managerial experience in setting up, managing, coaching and developing a department;
- has experience in organizing events for members;
- knows how to acquire and retain members and sponsors and ensures member satisfaction;
- fulfills a natural bridging function between board, bureau and members as well as with the ICC Global headquarters in Paris;
- has experience in compiling and monitoring a budget and administrative operations;
- has a good command of the Dutch and English language.
For an application with motivation and recent CV as well, please contact the ICC Netherlands office for the attention of Mrs. M. Karia firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving an application latest date Friday 12 May 2023. You can also contact Ms. Karia for questions and/or additional information.